QR Code Link to This Post
For sale: Custom EV 1969 Bay Window Bus – camper edition.
Might consider a trade for Tesla of equivalent value.
– Restored in 2017 by Vdub Classics
– Converted to electric power using this kit: https://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=226&osCsid=gsi7ovjmi0so0omc8ao4is58v2
– And 8 of these Tesla battery modules: https://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=329&osCsid=gsi7ovjmi0so0omc8ao4is58v2
– Odometer reads 27,150. As far as I can tell this is the actual mileage.
– Backup camera
– Regenerative braking
– Manual transmission (but no need to shift – just keep it in 2nd or 3rd)
– Ice chest
– Sleeping loft
– Bubble top
– Custom boss sound system (Bluetooth, AM/FM, Aux, CD Player)
– Electric reverse (there is no reverse gear, there is a reverse switch on the dash)
– Programmable motor / controller
– Two charging options: a standard J1772 charging inlet and a standard 3 prong household plug.
– Range is 60-85 mi (depending on driving conditions)
– In-dash battery monitor
– 24 kWh battery pack
– 600 max output amperage (burst)
– 114v nominal
– Paint has a few small scratches and chips
– Chrome has a bit of rust in a few areas
Keywords: vanagon, Westfalia, hippie bus, hippie van, VW van, Volkswagen Bus, Volkswagen Van, Tesla conversion, EV Conversion, Custom electric conversion, electric conversion, classic car, classic Volkswagen, classic EV conversion, burning man, art car, burner Check Out More